Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Make Me A Conduit ...

Tonight's thought comes form a conversation with someone on Facebook today. Someone who I see as inspirational and enthusiastic in their efforts to promote the church and the Gospel. Truly a person who lives out this thought/concept/practice. 

It comes from a chorus:

Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing I pray;
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today.

Another term I often refer to is, conduit. That we might be a conduit of God's blessing so that the blessing we experience might be passed on (flow on) to others. This challenges the notion that often comes from people being desirous of the Lord blessing their lives. (full stop) 

In other words, there is no thought or notion that the purpose of their lives being blessed is that the blessing flows through them to others. For others to be blessed through them. It is like they are buckets or wells, wanting to capture the blessings of God, however they seal them up as though they are theirs for containment, only for their pleasure.

'Lord, my desire is that Your blessing (Your favour) might be upon me, and operate through me, to touch and impact and affect the lives of others with whom I might have contact. Especially Lord, those who are in some way broken, hurting, empty and searching. That their lives might encounter You in a way that is very real and life changing in a positive sense. Lord, empty me of all I have and am, that others might be won to the Kingdom.'

Be blessed as you become a conduit for the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! I like the contrast between being a bucket or channel for God's blessings :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know your thoughts ...